Friday, May 8, 2009

*Snippets*

Look good in leather
Last night my loving boyfriend coaxed me into going with him to look for a new motorbike jacket. Now as thrilling as it might sound, it wasn't my ideal Thursday night plan, however, he was really excited about it and I had noticed his current jacket appeared to be a little tattered; not exactly conducive to a safe riding experience. Walking into the store, I'd never felt so much like 'a skirt' as I looked around at the multitude of Power Ranger-esque outfits, molded with interior protection plates, simulating human body casts hanging from big metal racks. Matt was weak at the knees at the sight of a wall of leather jackets; I was worried I might have to get him a mop and a bucket if he reached out and touched one! I don't think I've seen more leather in a cow paddock than I did in that store and we're not talking rough tough, Harley-mounting-bikie leather, we're talking Speed racer.

Matt fought back his urge and worked his way around the more breathable fabric jackets first. He found a couple around the $250 mark, tried them on and made comments about how they were too small for his 'masculine frame' before finally tiptoeing over to the wall of mounted leather. He was instantly inlove with one particular jacket not unlike that worn by the white Power Ranger. I've got to admit, it was a pretty nice jacket, as far as motorbike jackets go - and for $650 it would want to be, although when you're braving the road on an SV1000 you probably want to be wearing the best of the best (if not for posing then for protection). As he puts it on he 'ooo's about how good it feels. 'So does it look good?' He asks rhetorically. 'Yeah, I suppose, If you like that kind of thing,' I say in jest. 'You wouldn't be able to keep your hands off me if I bought this jacket,' he says big-noting himself (for a change). 'Honey if you bought that jacket, you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off yourself,' I joke. He goes back and forth between the $250 jacket and the $650 'piece de resistance'. Eventually, his rationality gets the better of him; $650 is a lot to spend on a jacket and there is no point paying $250 for a jacket he didn't really want. He carefully, yet reluctantly, put the much coveted jacket back on the rack and slowly did up the zip as if he were preparing his first-born for his first day at school. As we walked out of the shop, I swear I saw a tear in his eye and it was then I knew, he'd be coming home a white Power Ranger before the week was out!

No comments:

Post a Comment