Wednesday, July 29, 2009

*Snippets*

Strawberry Suprise

I must say the prospect of having fundraiser chocolates at work always causes a stir amongst my work colleages - and myself really. When my mental functioning starts to deteriorate somewhere between lunch and home-time, I'm a sucker chocolate fix. Although, I remember my philosophy lecturer from uni giving us advice on brain food to eat before our exam. I distinctly remember him saying 'eat brown rice and salmon... under no circumstances should you eat chocolate'. This ofcourse is because chocolate provides you with energy for all of about 30 minutes before slamming you back into your lethargic reality. However, if the choice at 3:30 in the afternoon is chocolate or brown rice and salmon, I'm probably gonna pick the chocolate (I hate brown rice lol).

This particular afternoon, the 12 boxes of fundraiser chocolates arrive. Rochelle and I spend some time sorting them all out so there is a mixed variety in each box and within about 30 minutes, little Scotty (aka Sir Eat Alot) wanders over to be the first to sample the wares. I'm rife with anticipation thinking about what he'll choose; 'Will it be the Boost bar? A Crunchie? No, maybe he's a Cherry Ripe fan?' I think to myself. It's an unspoken rule that everyone leaves the Freddos and Caramellos till last in mixed boxes of fundraiser chocolates - I mean, there's just so much more to choose from.

So when Sir Eat Alot comes wandering back flashing the red wrapper of a Strawberry Twin Freddo at me you can imagine my reaction.

'Scott, are you serious? Who over the age of seven willingly chooses a Straberry Freddo?' I say.

'Strawberry and lemonade,' he retorts correcting me.

May I remind you that this is a 27-year-old guy we're talking about, not a 7-year-old girl. Okay so he's slight, but no he's by no means gay and with all of the other choices in the box he goes for a Strawberry and lemonade Freddo! I question his manhood and about now he goes as red as the Strawberry wrapper as we have a bit of a giggle.

So it will be of no suprise to you, his new office nickname is Strawberry Shortcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment